2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War
Implementation of an international legal document compatible with the DPCW
Seoul, Korea–A conference aimed at advocating for the implementation of an international legal document compatible with the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW) was convened by Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL) on November 24, 2016 in Coex Auditorium.
Korean political officials, religious leaders, press, and citizens, a total of 1,000 people, gathered to demonstrate the urgency with which a legally binding document based on the principles of the DPCW must be implemented.
HWPL Chairman Man HeeLee emphasized that the work of peace can no longer be put off and that the leaders must take action beyond mere lip service.
“Although we pass down something valuable to the next generations, would it really be an eternal legacy? Only when we pass on to successive generations an invaluable inheritance of a world free of wars, will we meet our responsibilities as leaders, citizens, and people of today. The international community has to acknowledge what is delineated in the DPCW and then modify and develop the current international legal systems.”
The advocacy conference sought to demonstrate how to remedy disparities caused by war and war-like activities throughout the world,and it also showed the concrete efforts and interests of participants in creating an environment for peace-building.
Chairwoman Nam Hee Kim of the International Women’s Peace Group (IWPG) said that women’s leadership and participation improves the likelihood of the success of the global peace process.
“Sustainable peace is yet beingwaited for. What can explain this? That is because peace is not something that can be achieved by the authority or power of politicians or noble men. However, despite many obstacles, the work of peace must be done. IWPG gathers the 3.6 billion women of the world and actively works for the Declaration to be adopted by the UN. This legal framework will become a fundamental enforceable law for the generations to come.”
Eight panelists representing government, civil society, university, and faith-based organizationseach spoke respectively about their explicit support for the Declaration and urged that the leaders at all levels should cooperate with HWPL’s work for peace and cessation of war.
Mr. Yu-Hyuk Kim, tenured emeritus professorof Dan-Kuk University said, “Why is it that the globe sounds the same pitch in spite of the differences in language, skin color, culture, and life style? The only reason is this. We all have the same purpose of achieving the world of peace without wars. In reality, it is to make a better future and ideally, it is to infinitely settle peace and realize the far-reaching universal value of humanity.”
He continued, “This work has been proclaimed by many, but HWPL Chairman, the greatest peace advocate, is beyond the proclamation and always on themove to bring forth peace. Today, this conference serves as a significant platform to urge leaders and citizens to support the implementation of international law inspired by the DPCW and be resolute to work for peace with the peace advocate.”
The 2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War brought the Korean leaders to the forefront of international peace and security and presented their creative partnerships to inspire the world in the peace-building arena under the banner of the DPCW.
*Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW),proclaimed on March 14, 2016, was drafted by the HWPL International Law Peace Committee. By means of prohibiting weapons and transforming them into daily tools, the Declaration provides a revolutionary instrument for rules to reach sustainable peace.
- आशा, आरोप र आलोचनाका वीच विप्लवको चरित्र विश्लेषण
- लोकमानपछि ट्रष्टका सचिव अर्जुनकुमार कार्कीमाथि कालोमोसो
- रोल्पाको वन्दसत्रले नयाँ युगको ढोका खोल्नुपर्छ
- नेपाल बिखण्डन गर्न बैठक बसेको पुष्टि भएपछी सजगता अपनाउँदै नेपाली सेना
- इतिहासकै अद्भुत र अकल्पनिय छ कर्णाली सभ्यता साम्राज्य
- कानपुर रेल दुर्घटनामा आइएसआईको हात, मास्टरमाइन्ड नेपाली !
- ‘नेपालको राजनीतिमा हाम्रो स्थान पहिलो नम्बरमै छ’-कृष्ण अधिकारी
- पुष्टि हुँदै मधेसबारे भीम रावलको ‘खतरनाक’ रिपोर्ट
- लोकमानलाई मोसो दल्ने युवा नेता रिहा, राजधानीमा भव्य स्वागत-(फोटोफिचर)
- चिनियाँ जनमुक्ति सेनाको टोली नेपालमा, उच्चस्तरीय भेटवार्ता हुँदै
- काठमाडौं, वर्तमान सरकार भारतको हितका लागि गठन गरिएको गम्भीर आरोप लागिरहेकाे बेला मुलुकको एक...
- काठमाडौं- त्रिभुवन विमानस्थलमा ३४ किलो सुनसहित ‘भरिया’हरु समातिँदा नेपाल प्रहरी केन्द्रीय अनुसन्धान ब्यूरो (सीआइबी)...
- काठमाडौं, सर्वोच्च अदालतले यौनिक तथा लैंगिक अल्पसंख्यकले इच्छाएको नाममा पहिचान अनुसारको नागरिकता लिन पाउने...
- भक्तपुर, नेपाल मजदूर किसान पार्टीका अध्यक्ष नारायणमान बिजुक्छेले सरकारले संसदमा पेश गरेको संविधान संशोधन...
- काठमाडौ- उपप्रधान तथा अर्थमन्त्री कृष्णबहादुर महराका छोरा निर्मल महराका कारण सुचना तथा संचार मन्त्रालय,...