2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War
Implementation of an international legal document compatible with the DPCW
Seoul, Korea–A conference aimed at advocating for the implementation of an international legal document compatible with the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW) was convened by Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL) on November 24, 2016 in Coex Auditorium.
Korean political officials, religious leaders, press, and citizens, a total of 1,000 people, gathered to demonstrate the urgency with which a legally binding document based on the principles of the DPCW must be implemented.
HWPL Chairman Man HeeLee emphasized that the work of peace can no longer be put off and that the leaders must take action beyond mere lip service.
“Although we pass down something valuable to the next generations, would it really be an eternal legacy? Only when we pass on to successive generations an invaluable inheritance of a world free of wars, will we meet our responsibilities as leaders, citizens, and people of today. The international community has to acknowledge what is delineated in the DPCW and then modify and develop the current international legal systems.”
The advocacy conference sought to demonstrate how to remedy disparities caused by war and war-like activities throughout the world,and it also showed the concrete efforts and interests of participants in creating an environment for peace-building.
Chairwoman Nam Hee Kim of the International Women’s Peace Group (IWPG) said that women’s leadership and participation improves the likelihood of the success of the global peace process.
“Sustainable peace is yet beingwaited for. What can explain this? That is because peace is not something that can be achieved by the authority or power of politicians or noble men. However, despite many obstacles, the work of peace must be done. IWPG gathers the 3.6 billion women of the world and actively works for the Declaration to be adopted by the UN. This legal framework will become a fundamental enforceable law for the generations to come.”
Eight panelists representing government, civil society, university, and faith-based organizationseach spoke respectively about their explicit support for the Declaration and urged that the leaders at all levels should cooperate with HWPL’s work for peace and cessation of war.
Mr. Yu-Hyuk Kim, tenured emeritus professorof Dan-Kuk University said, “Why is it that the globe sounds the same pitch in spite of the differences in language, skin color, culture, and life style? The only reason is this. We all have the same purpose of achieving the world of peace without wars. In reality, it is to make a better future and ideally, it is to infinitely settle peace and realize the far-reaching universal value of humanity.”
He continued, “This work has been proclaimed by many, but HWPL Chairman, the greatest peace advocate, is beyond the proclamation and always on themove to bring forth peace. Today, this conference serves as a significant platform to urge leaders and citizens to support the implementation of international law inspired by the DPCW and be resolute to work for peace with the peace advocate.”
The 2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War brought the Korean leaders to the forefront of international peace and security and presented their creative partnerships to inspire the world in the peace-building arena under the banner of the DPCW.
*Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW),proclaimed on March 14, 2016, was drafted by the HWPL International Law Peace Committee. By means of prohibiting weapons and transforming them into daily tools, the Declaration provides a revolutionary instrument for rules to reach sustainable peace.
- गगन थापा मेयरमा उठ्ने, स्वास्थ्यमन्त्रीबाट राजीनामा दिने तयारी
- ‘मधेसमा समानान्तर सरकार चलाउछौं, निर्वाचन गरे देश रक्तपातमा डुब्छ’
- गच्छदारलाई महामन्त्री दिने देउवाको तयारी
- ”आर.आर. र पि.एन. मा स्ववियु चुनाव गराउँछौं”
- काँग्रेससँग पार्टी एकीकरण गर्दै विजय गच्छदार
- चुनावको मुखमा एमालेले गर्यो यस्ता महत्वपुर्ण निर्णय
- डिआइजी सिलवाल नेताहरुको सामूहिक हत्या गर्ने योजनामा संलग्न !
- विप्लवको नाममा चन्दा आतंक मच्चाउने एमाले कार्यकर्ता पक्राउ
- काठमाडौंको मेयरमा एमालेबाट योगेश भट्टराई
- काठमाडौंमा चीनले बनाइदियो भव्य सशस्त्र क्याम्प (फोटो फिचर)
- काठमाडौं, प्रदर्शनीमार्गस्थित रत्न राज्यलक्ष्मी क्याम्पसमा विद्यार्थी संगठनहरूबीच झडप भएकाे छ । क्याम्पसमा भित्र मतदान...
- ६ बर्षअघि भारतीय सीमा सुरक्षा बल एसएसवीले गोली हानी हत्या गरेका मोरङ अमाही बरियातीका...
- नेपाल कम्युनिस्ट पार्टीले निर्वाचन खारेज अभियान सुरु गरेको छ । उसले कथित स्थानीय निर्वाचनलाई...
- काठमाडौँ: प्रधानमन्त्री प्रचण्डले सडक, रेल, हवाई र इन्टरनेटको सञ्जालबाट नेपाललाई चीनसँग जोड्न सरकारले प्राथमिकता...
- आइतबारदेखि राजधानीमा सुरु भएको नेपाली कांग्रेसको केन्द्रीय समिति बैठकमा हालमात्रै सर्वोच्च अदालतले आइजिपी प्रकरणमा...