2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War
Implementation of an international legal document compatible with the DPCW
Seoul, Korea–A conference aimed at advocating for the implementation of an international legal document compatible with the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW) was convened by Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL) on November 24, 2016 in Coex Auditorium.
Korean political officials, religious leaders, press, and citizens, a total of 1,000 people, gathered to demonstrate the urgency with which a legally binding document based on the principles of the DPCW must be implemented.
HWPL Chairman Man HeeLee emphasized that the work of peace can no longer be put off and that the leaders must take action beyond mere lip service.
“Although we pass down something valuable to the next generations, would it really be an eternal legacy? Only when we pass on to successive generations an invaluable inheritance of a world free of wars, will we meet our responsibilities as leaders, citizens, and people of today. The international community has to acknowledge what is delineated in the DPCW and then modify and develop the current international legal systems.”
The advocacy conference sought to demonstrate how to remedy disparities caused by war and war-like activities throughout the world,and it also showed the concrete efforts and interests of participants in creating an environment for peace-building.
Chairwoman Nam Hee Kim of the International Women’s Peace Group (IWPG) said that women’s leadership and participation improves the likelihood of the success of the global peace process.
“Sustainable peace is yet beingwaited for. What can explain this? That is because peace is not something that can be achieved by the authority or power of politicians or noble men. However, despite many obstacles, the work of peace must be done. IWPG gathers the 3.6 billion women of the world and actively works for the Declaration to be adopted by the UN. This legal framework will become a fundamental enforceable law for the generations to come.”
Eight panelists representing government, civil society, university, and faith-based organizationseach spoke respectively about their explicit support for the Declaration and urged that the leaders at all levels should cooperate with HWPL’s work for peace and cessation of war.
Mr. Yu-Hyuk Kim, tenured emeritus professorof Dan-Kuk University said, “Why is it that the globe sounds the same pitch in spite of the differences in language, skin color, culture, and life style? The only reason is this. We all have the same purpose of achieving the world of peace without wars. In reality, it is to make a better future and ideally, it is to infinitely settle peace and realize the far-reaching universal value of humanity.”
He continued, “This work has been proclaimed by many, but HWPL Chairman, the greatest peace advocate, is beyond the proclamation and always on themove to bring forth peace. Today, this conference serves as a significant platform to urge leaders and citizens to support the implementation of international law inspired by the DPCW and be resolute to work for peace with the peace advocate.”
The 2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War brought the Korean leaders to the forefront of international peace and security and presented their creative partnerships to inspire the world in the peace-building arena under the banner of the DPCW.
*Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW),proclaimed on March 14, 2016, was drafted by the HWPL International Law Peace Committee. By means of prohibiting weapons and transforming them into daily tools, the Declaration provides a revolutionary instrument for rules to reach sustainable peace.
- गंभिर नैतिक पतन भएका नांगा बाबा र लिंग ढोग्न मरिहत्ते गर्ने नारीको पशुपति चर्तिकला
- ‘माओवादीलाई पुन: जंगल पठाउने खेल सुरु भयो’-प्रचण्ड
- ‘उपत्यकाका सबै क्याम्पसमा अखिलको झण्डा गाड्छौं’ – दिपेश प्रसाईं
- “कर्मचारी मात्रै होइन सेवाग्राहीका समस्यामा समेत चनाखो हुन्छौं”
- उमेर घटाएर चुनाव लड्न भर्ना भएकाहरु बढारिन्छन्-कपिल सिजापती
- सीके राउत जन्माउने को हो, सीआइए किन मधेशमा द्वन्द चाहान्छ ?
- ब्याक भयो मोर्चा, सरकारलाई दिएको समर्थन फिर्ता नलिने
- ‘स्ववियूको अपरिहार्यता किन ?’
- ‘राष्ट्रवादी शक्तिसँग क्रान्तिकारीले एलाइन्स पनि गर्न सक्छ’ – दिपेन्द्र चलाउने
- रैथाने मधेसीद्वारा लहानमा राजेन्द्र, उपेन्द्र र महन्थको पुतला दहन
- नेकपा माओवादीका महासचिव नेत्रविक्रम चन्द विप्लवले सिके राउत र आफूहरुलाई एउटै ठाने बन्दुक उठाउने...
- समाचार विश्लेषण, कतै क्याम्पस प्रशासनमा भोटे ताल्चा ठोकिएका छन्, कतै रातारात चुल्ठे मुन्द्रेहरुको फर्जि...
- काठमाडौं, शनिवार भारतको गुजराँत स्थित राजकोटबाट प्रहरीले अण्डरवल्र्ड दाउद इव्राहिमका एकजना सार्फसुटर सहित ३...
- काठमाडौँ: एमाले अध्यक्ष केपी शर्मा ओलीले देशलाई प्रतिगमनमा लैजाने वा देशको अस्तित्व नै समाप्त पार्ने...
- काठमाडौँ: नेपालका लागि भारतीय राजदूत रंजित रेले नेपाल र भारतको समृद्धीले दुई देशबीचको सम्बन्धलाई...