2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War
Implementation of an international legal document compatible with the DPCW
Seoul, Korea–A conference aimed at advocating for the implementation of an international legal document compatible with the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW) was convened by Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL) on November 24, 2016 in Coex Auditorium.
Korean political officials, religious leaders, press, and citizens, a total of 1,000 people, gathered to demonstrate the urgency with which a legally binding document based on the principles of the DPCW must be implemented.
HWPL Chairman Man HeeLee emphasized that the work of peace can no longer be put off and that the leaders must take action beyond mere lip service.
“Although we pass down something valuable to the next generations, would it really be an eternal legacy? Only when we pass on to successive generations an invaluable inheritance of a world free of wars, will we meet our responsibilities as leaders, citizens, and people of today. The international community has to acknowledge what is delineated in the DPCW and then modify and develop the current international legal systems.”
The advocacy conference sought to demonstrate how to remedy disparities caused by war and war-like activities throughout the world,and it also showed the concrete efforts and interests of participants in creating an environment for peace-building.
Chairwoman Nam Hee Kim of the International Women’s Peace Group (IWPG) said that women’s leadership and participation improves the likelihood of the success of the global peace process.
“Sustainable peace is yet beingwaited for. What can explain this? That is because peace is not something that can be achieved by the authority or power of politicians or noble men. However, despite many obstacles, the work of peace must be done. IWPG gathers the 3.6 billion women of the world and actively works for the Declaration to be adopted by the UN. This legal framework will become a fundamental enforceable law for the generations to come.”
Eight panelists representing government, civil society, university, and faith-based organizationseach spoke respectively about their explicit support for the Declaration and urged that the leaders at all levels should cooperate with HWPL’s work for peace and cessation of war.
Mr. Yu-Hyuk Kim, tenured emeritus professorof Dan-Kuk University said, “Why is it that the globe sounds the same pitch in spite of the differences in language, skin color, culture, and life style? The only reason is this. We all have the same purpose of achieving the world of peace without wars. In reality, it is to make a better future and ideally, it is to infinitely settle peace and realize the far-reaching universal value of humanity.”
He continued, “This work has been proclaimed by many, but HWPL Chairman, the greatest peace advocate, is beyond the proclamation and always on themove to bring forth peace. Today, this conference serves as a significant platform to urge leaders and citizens to support the implementation of international law inspired by the DPCW and be resolute to work for peace with the peace advocate.”
The 2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War brought the Korean leaders to the forefront of international peace and security and presented their creative partnerships to inspire the world in the peace-building arena under the banner of the DPCW.
*Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW),proclaimed on March 14, 2016, was drafted by the HWPL International Law Peace Committee. By means of prohibiting weapons and transforming them into daily tools, the Declaration provides a revolutionary instrument for rules to reach sustainable peace.
- ‘राष्ट्रपति भण्डारीमार्फत नेपाललाई भारतको चेतावनी’-भारतीय मिडिया
- एमालेको योजना पछ्याएर जनार्दनले जश लिएः ओली
- भारतीय भन्सार निर्माणमा सशस्त्रको रोक, भारतीय अधिकारीसंग घम्साघम्सी
- गौरमा मोर्चा र प्रहरीबीच झडप, एमालेका सांसदमाथि ढुंगामुढा
- स्थानीय चुनाव खारेज नभए देश द्वन्दमा फस्ने वास्तोलाकाे चेतावनी
- एसएसबीलाई नियन्त्रणमा लिएर नेपालीले सिकाए पाठ
- डीआईजी थुन्न सीमरामा योजना, आरजुको सल्लाहमा चल्छ गृहमन्त्रालय !
- ओलीको जिल्लामा शक्ति प्रदर्शन, निर्वाचन बिथोलिए सिङ्गो देश उठ्ने प्रचण्डको चेतावनी
- सत्ताउन्मादले दमन र दमनले आगो जन्माउँछ प्रचण्ड जी
- विकासको काममा कांग्रेसको अवरोध, प्रकाशशरणले रोके बुढीगण्डकीको प्रस्ताव
- काठमाडौं: स्थानीय तहका उम्मेद्वार छनोट गर्ने विषयमा नेपाली कांग्रेसभित्र विवाद चर्किएको छ । बरिष्ठ...
- काठमाडौँ: हालसम्म गोप्य मल्लिक आयोगको प्रतिवेदन सार्वजनिक गर्न राष्ट्रिय सूचना आयोगले सरकारलाई आदेश दिएपछि...
- काठमाडौं- क्षेत्रीय रुपमा पाकिस्तानलाई एक्लाउन भारतले अघि सारेको उपक्षेत्रीय सञ्जालको अवधारणालाई भुटानले अस्वीकार गर्ने...
- काठमाडौँ: संघीय समाजवादी फोरम नेपालका अध्यक्ष उपेन्द्र यादवले ‘दुई चुरणमा निर्वाचन गराउनु देशको हितमा नभएको...
- काठमाडौँ: नेकपा एमालेका अध्यक्ष केपी शर्मा ओलीले चुनावको आवरणमा पहाड र तराई छुट्याउने प्रयास...