2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War
Implementation of an international legal document compatible with the DPCW
Seoul, Korea–A conference aimed at advocating for the implementation of an international legal document compatible with the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW) was convened by Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL) on November 24, 2016 in Coex Auditorium.
Korean political officials, religious leaders, press, and citizens, a total of 1,000 people, gathered to demonstrate the urgency with which a legally binding document based on the principles of the DPCW must be implemented.
HWPL Chairman Man HeeLee emphasized that the work of peace can no longer be put off and that the leaders must take action beyond mere lip service.
“Although we pass down something valuable to the next generations, would it really be an eternal legacy? Only when we pass on to successive generations an invaluable inheritance of a world free of wars, will we meet our responsibilities as leaders, citizens, and people of today. The international community has to acknowledge what is delineated in the DPCW and then modify and develop the current international legal systems.”
The advocacy conference sought to demonstrate how to remedy disparities caused by war and war-like activities throughout the world,and it also showed the concrete efforts and interests of participants in creating an environment for peace-building.
Chairwoman Nam Hee Kim of the International Women’s Peace Group (IWPG) said that women’s leadership and participation improves the likelihood of the success of the global peace process.
“Sustainable peace is yet beingwaited for. What can explain this? That is because peace is not something that can be achieved by the authority or power of politicians or noble men. However, despite many obstacles, the work of peace must be done. IWPG gathers the 3.6 billion women of the world and actively works for the Declaration to be adopted by the UN. This legal framework will become a fundamental enforceable law for the generations to come.”
Eight panelists representing government, civil society, university, and faith-based organizationseach spoke respectively about their explicit support for the Declaration and urged that the leaders at all levels should cooperate with HWPL’s work for peace and cessation of war.
Mr. Yu-Hyuk Kim, tenured emeritus professorof Dan-Kuk University said, “Why is it that the globe sounds the same pitch in spite of the differences in language, skin color, culture, and life style? The only reason is this. We all have the same purpose of achieving the world of peace without wars. In reality, it is to make a better future and ideally, it is to infinitely settle peace and realize the far-reaching universal value of humanity.”
He continued, “This work has been proclaimed by many, but HWPL Chairman, the greatest peace advocate, is beyond the proclamation and always on themove to bring forth peace. Today, this conference serves as a significant platform to urge leaders and citizens to support the implementation of international law inspired by the DPCW and be resolute to work for peace with the peace advocate.”
The 2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War brought the Korean leaders to the forefront of international peace and security and presented their creative partnerships to inspire the world in the peace-building arena under the banner of the DPCW.
*Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW),proclaimed on March 14, 2016, was drafted by the HWPL International Law Peace Committee. By means of prohibiting weapons and transforming them into daily tools, the Declaration provides a revolutionary instrument for rules to reach sustainable peace.
- चितवनमा कडा प्रतिस्पर्धा, बर्दियामा वाम गठबन्धनलाई सहज
- राजनीतिको नयाँ कोर्ष सुरु : शंकर पोख्रेल
- शान्ति सम्झौताको ११ वर्ष : विप्लवको विवशता वा महत्वाकाँक्षा !
- राष्ट्रिय स्वाधीनताका लागि पार्टी एकतामा बाकेँका वामनेताहरुको जोड
- ‘प्रधानमन्त्री देउवा सुदूरपश्चिमको गौरव, शान र आशाका धरोहर’
- NDRC Nepal bags international award for bio-diversity conservation
- नामले होइन कामले हेवी वेट हुनुपर्छ – सञ्जय गौतम
- घट्यो सुनको भाउ
- बाबु चुनावविरोधी गतिविधि गरेको आरोपमा पक्राउ, छोरी चुनाव प्रचारमा
- नेपाल प्रहरीका ४ डिआईजीलाई एआईजीमा बढुवा
- प्रकाश भुजेल/ काडमाण्डौं, नेकपा (विप्लब) ले नेपाल बन्द गरेको भन्ने हल्लाको भरमा काठमाण्डौं उपत्यकालगायत...
- रोल्पा, विप्लव नेतृत्वको नेकपाका कार्यकर्ताले रोल्पामा एमालेका एक कार्यकर्तालाई अपहरण गरेका छन् । उनीहरुले...
- प्रकाश भुजेल/काठमाण्डौं, गुल्मी क्षेत्र नं. १ बाट प्रतिनिधिसभाका लागि वामगठबन्धनको तर्फबाट प्रत्यासी रहेका एमालेका सचिव...
- प्रकास भुजेल/काठमाण्डौं दाङ, क्षेत्र नं.२ (क) वाट प्रदेशसभा उम्मेदवार शंकर पोख्रेलले नेपालको राजनीति नयाँ...
- काठमाडौं, निर्वाचनमा सुरक्षा चुनौती बढ्न थालेपछि सरकारले आजदेखि निर्वाचन लक्षित विशेष सुरक्षा रणनीति अपनाउने...