2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War
Implementation of an international legal document compatible with the DPCW
Seoul, Korea–A conference aimed at advocating for the implementation of an international legal document compatible with the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW) was convened by Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL) on November 24, 2016 in Coex Auditorium.
Korean political officials, religious leaders, press, and citizens, a total of 1,000 people, gathered to demonstrate the urgency with which a legally binding document based on the principles of the DPCW must be implemented.
HWPL Chairman Man HeeLee emphasized that the work of peace can no longer be put off and that the leaders must take action beyond mere lip service.
“Although we pass down something valuable to the next generations, would it really be an eternal legacy? Only when we pass on to successive generations an invaluable inheritance of a world free of wars, will we meet our responsibilities as leaders, citizens, and people of today. The international community has to acknowledge what is delineated in the DPCW and then modify and develop the current international legal systems.”
The advocacy conference sought to demonstrate how to remedy disparities caused by war and war-like activities throughout the world,and it also showed the concrete efforts and interests of participants in creating an environment for peace-building.
Chairwoman Nam Hee Kim of the International Women’s Peace Group (IWPG) said that women’s leadership and participation improves the likelihood of the success of the global peace process.
“Sustainable peace is yet beingwaited for. What can explain this? That is because peace is not something that can be achieved by the authority or power of politicians or noble men. However, despite many obstacles, the work of peace must be done. IWPG gathers the 3.6 billion women of the world and actively works for the Declaration to be adopted by the UN. This legal framework will become a fundamental enforceable law for the generations to come.”
Eight panelists representing government, civil society, university, and faith-based organizationseach spoke respectively about their explicit support for the Declaration and urged that the leaders at all levels should cooperate with HWPL’s work for peace and cessation of war.
Mr. Yu-Hyuk Kim, tenured emeritus professorof Dan-Kuk University said, “Why is it that the globe sounds the same pitch in spite of the differences in language, skin color, culture, and life style? The only reason is this. We all have the same purpose of achieving the world of peace without wars. In reality, it is to make a better future and ideally, it is to infinitely settle peace and realize the far-reaching universal value of humanity.”
He continued, “This work has been proclaimed by many, but HWPL Chairman, the greatest peace advocate, is beyond the proclamation and always on themove to bring forth peace. Today, this conference serves as a significant platform to urge leaders and citizens to support the implementation of international law inspired by the DPCW and be resolute to work for peace with the peace advocate.”
The 2016 Conference in Support of HWPL’s Work for Peace and Cessation of War brought the Korean leaders to the forefront of international peace and security and presented their creative partnerships to inspire the world in the peace-building arena under the banner of the DPCW.
*Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW),proclaimed on March 14, 2016, was drafted by the HWPL International Law Peace Committee. By means of prohibiting weapons and transforming them into daily tools, the Declaration provides a revolutionary instrument for rules to reach sustainable peace.
- सिक्किममा भारतीय सेनाको वंकरमाथि चिनियाँ आक्रमण, वंकरहरु ध्वस्त
- ह्रवात्तै घट्यो सुनको मूल्य
- एमाले कार्यकर्ताद्वारा चक्क़ु प्रहार गरि शिक्षक हत्याको प्रयास
- वम विष्फोटमा मृत्यु भएका चन्द्रबहादुर सिंह बारे यस्तो छ नेकपा को आधिकारीक धारणा
- दाङ गोलीकाण्डको भित्रि रहस्य,रिपुमर्दन गणमा व्यापक असन्तुष्टी
- शुक्रबार ४:३० देखि अन्तराष्ट्रिय विमानस्थल बन्द रहने, यस्तो छ कारण
- पेट्रोल बिक्रीबाट घाटा भएको भन्दै असार २० देखि पेट्रोल नबेच्ने ब्यवसायीको घोषणा
- दैवि शक्तिले सिंहासन फर्किहाल्छ भन्ने लाग्छ र पारस ज्यू ?
- अछाममा अपरान्ह पछि श्रृङ्खलावद्ध बम विष्फोट, सेनालाई सास्ती
- बेइजिङ-साङ्घाई गुड्न थाल्यो हालसम्मकै द्रुत गतिको रेल
- नवलपरासी, नवलपरासीको सरावल गाउँपालिकाको बडा नम्बर ६ स्थित जनतामावि मतदान केन्द्रमा जम्मा दुई जनाले...
- अछाम, अछामको मल्लेख गाउँपालिका ६ सोडसा तन्देश्वरी मतदान केन्द्रमा एमाले र काँग्रेस कार्यकर्ताबीच झडप...
- काठमाडौं, सोलुखुम्बुकै नेचा सल्यान गाउँपालिका ७ मा पर्ने तिङलाका २ हजार ४ सय ७६...
- काठमाडौं, प्रधानमन्त्री शेरबहादुर देउवाको स्कर्टिङमा रहेको प्रहरी गाडी दुर्घटना भएको छ । कैलालीको सहजपुरमा...
- रोल्पा, रोल्पा नगरपालिका वडानम्बर १० भनभने मतदान केन्द्रमा एक मतदाताले मत पेटिकाभित्र एसिड हालेपछि...